Warsaw / work remotely
We are currently looking for a Data Scientist to take an important role within the Risk Global Function of Intrum.
Intrum is the biggest European servicer and investor in non-performing loans with headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. We operate in 24 European countries and Brazil with employee base of 10,000 FTEs. In each country where we have presence, we are ranked within top 5 debt servicing companies. As of 2021 total balance of portfolio investments amount to EUR3.6bn equivalent with a robust revenue stream from both investment and debt servicing divisions. Our Portfolio Investments division executes secured, unsecured and securitized transactions on a regular basis. Intrum is leading the way to a sound economy for individuals, companies and society at large. Through our services, Intrum creates jobs and enables growth.
What we do
Group Risk Analysis is responsible for identifying, measuring and reporting risks. Our risk analysis team reports directly to the Group Management Team and the Board of Directors when we identify potential threats that may materially affect Intrum, its countries, or business units. We support the investment and M&A organisations with second opinions, alternative valuations, and a general risk outlook on larger investment opportunities. Our analysts ensure balance and consistency between the financial planning, forecasting, and market reporting with portfolio investment outcomes. Group Risk Analysis provides insights on macroeconomic events impacting our business and supports all Group Functions with ad hoc analysis on aspects of financial risk that relate to Intrum’s risk framework.
- Identifying, quantifying, and analyzing risks and uncertainties on all levels, for both on-going transactions and investments
- Supporting local teams with valuation and forecasting analysis for new transactions
- Working with investment teams making sure the relevant risks are identified, quantified and properly accounted for
- Analysis of historical results in order to anticipate future outcomes
- Analysis of balance sheet items to understand underlying value and risks
- Cooperation with both investment and operating areas of Intrum across all geographies
- Opportunity to make a difference helping the company make successful acquisitions and manage responsibly the investments with a sound risk-return profile
- Building statistical models using R and Excel to provide deep dive-analysis of trends
- Skills and experience in R programming including tidyverse dialect
- Bachelor/Master’s degree or equivalent in finance, statistics, economics, mathematics or similar discipline
- B2 English level communication skills
- 1-2 years of experience in banking roles and applied analytics
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both as a part of the team and independently
- Self-driven and proactive
- CFA Charter (completed or in progress) would be advantageous, investment industry experience will be preferable
- Exposure to international projects including travel opportunities
- Working on Intrum group level projects spanning multiple geographies
- Opportunity to participate in execution of complex securitized transactions
- Extensive in-house training program
- Very interesting modelling challenges
- A career path in the company group structures
- Competitive remuneration and training packages
- Private healthcare & social benefits
- Located in Warsaw with ability to work from home.
Are you interested in?
We are waiting for your application: Rekrutacja.email@example.com
Be sure to read the information on the processing of personal data for candidates for work at Intrum.